I really wanted to post a new project today but I am fighting such an ugly headache that I can't seem to wrap my brain around forming words into cohesive sentences, let alone any kind of detailed project explanation. Needless to say, the project I planned to share today isn't going to happen. It is just far more involved than I can explain today. Instead, I decided to share a project from CHA that didn't need much detailed explanation. It is pretty simple, but I hope that you find inspiration in it.
I made this card for Tim Holtz to demonstrated the Kraft Core papers. I wanted it to looke like a well worn, well loved patchwork quilt.
I used a Fiskars punch to cut different colored squares from Tim's Kraft Core cardstock. I sanded each square with a sanding block and distressed the edges of each with an edge distresser tool. I inked the edges with Walnut Stain Distress Ink.
I wanted the center of each square to look puffy or raised so I adhered each square to the front of a pre-made card using a Zots Craft Adhesive Dot in the center. The Zots Craft are thicker than regular Zots, but not quite as thick as the 3D Zots.
Before sewing, I tucked a paper lace strip under the bottom row of patches cut from Kraft Core paper and the Tim Holtz Vintage Lace die. After adhering the squares and lace, I sewed around the edges of each square.
After each square was sewn, I sanded each square again, in some places, actually sewing through the stitches, making them look very worn and frayed.
I wanted a subtle sparkle to the card, so I misted the surface with Biscotti Perfect Pearls Mist.
I die cut a small Grungepaper heart using the Tim Holtz Mini Hearts Movers & Shapers die. I colored the heart with Barn Door Distress Stains. After drying the stain, I misted the heart with Biscotti Perfect Pearls Mist. I dried the heart again and inked the edges with Walnut Stain Distress Ink. I adhered the heart to the front of the card with a 3D Foam Square.
I topped the heart with a simple banner cut from the piece of white Kraft Core paper. I stamped the phrase on it with Jet Black Archival Ink using Hero Arts' Printers Type LC alphabet stamps. I added two small mini pins at the end of each banner.