I am back today with another project from CHA-W that I created for Tim Holtz for the Sizzix booth. I really love all of the new Alterations releases, but this matchbook set may be my favorite. These little books are so fun and quick to create!
For this book, I cut one of the wider matchbooks from Grungepaper. I colored the Grungepaper using Broken China and Picket Fence Distress Stains. I misted the stains with water to help them blend. After drying the Grungepaper with my heat tool, I inked the edges and folds with Walnut Stain Distress Ink.
I made pages for the inside from dictionary print paper from the Lost and Found Paper Stash. I used a ruler to create a torn edge. I inked the edges with Walnut Stain Distress Ink. If you are not very handy with tearing pieces against a ruler, you can cut them with a paper trimmer and then use an edge distressing tool to give the edges a worn and torn look.
After inking, I stacked the pages together with a small amount of adhesive along the bottom edge to hold them together. (I added photos to the pages after the outside of the book was finished.)
I placed the pages inside my cover and machine sewing along the very bottom of the outside of the book to bind the pages in place. Just above the sewn line, I punched two holes through the assembled book to match the holes on a Word Band. I added a bit of adhesive to the back of the Word Band to hold it in place.
I fed a piece of dyed crinkle ribbon through the holes in the back of the book bringing them to the front of the book.
I then wrapped the right end around the back of the book so that I could tie it off in a knot on the left edge of the book.
To embellish the cover, I added a piece of the dictionary print paper torn so that it was slightly smaller than the front over. After inking, I adhered it in place with adhesive. I then tore and inked a smaller piece of the butterfly print paper from the Crowded Attic Paper Stash. After adhering it in place, I sewed around the inner inside edge with a sewing machine. After sewing, I added a File Tab with the word "things" to the left edge of the cover.
Finally, I added a W cut from Grungeboard with the new Word Play alphabet die (seriously a must-have die!). I colored the letter with Peeled Paint Distress Stain. I inked the edges of the letter with Walnut Stain Distress Ink after drying the stain. I added a layer of Glossy Accents to the top of the letter. After the Glossy Accents was dry, I stapled a Chit Chat Sticker with the word "wonderful" to the top of the letter. I adhered the finished letter onto my cover.