Have you heard the news? My sweet friend Lisa Pace is now the proud designer of her own stamp line called the Antiquated Collection! The collection is made up of wonderful vintage images. I had the pleasure of working with them and have to tell you, the detail is amazing! I think they may be the most finely detailed clear stamps I have ever used!
I missed posting a couple of Sunday Stamping posts because I was stamping with the stamps and had to keep them secret. Now that the secret is out, I can share my projects. First up, a little decor piece that features an ATC.
The base to the piece is a vintage cabinet card photo. I loved the texture of the cabinet card so I bought the photo just for the card itself. The photo was damaged so I knew I wouldn't feel guilty about covering up the image. I used a scrap of vintagey ledger paper by Cosmo Cricket with torn, inked, and curled edges to cover the photo.
Along the right edge, I stamped the swirled frame from the Society Lady stamp set with Coffee Archival Ink. I added a machine stitched border before adhering the paper to the card.
To give my manila ATC a vintage paper look, I applied Old Paper Distress Ink over the whole card. I used an ink blending tool to blend Victorian Velvet and Spun Sugar Distress Ink onto the card. Next, I applied Picket Fence Distress Stain over the whole card to soften the color. After drying the card, I gave the whole card a generous misting of Biscotti Perfect Pearls Mist. I blotted and dried the mist. Next, I stamped the card using the Dr. Warner's Corset Stamp using Coffee Archival Ink. I used assorted Copic markers to add color in the desgin. Finally, I added Gathered Twigs Distress Ink to the card edges.
I adhered the finished ATC to the front of the cabinet card over the patterned paper using 3D Adhesive Foam Squares. I added a Tim Holtz Idea-ology Memo Pin to the left side of the ATC to make it look as though it is holding the card in place in the flower cluster.
The flower cluster is created with a flower that has feathers in the petals, 3 velvet leaves, and 3 glitter stars, all by Prima. (Unfortunately, because these are older products, I couldn't find the flowers or leaves online to link to. The stars were called Galazy Stars, the flowers were Guava Peony Brahms.)
I really love curled, bent, and torn edges, especially on vintagey projects. A bit of Gathered Twigs Distress Ink brushed on the edges of the paper and cabinet card help finish off the vintage look.