I wanted to create a canvas decor piece to highlight the fun title piece about holding hands from Glitz Design's Love Games collection. I took my design inspiration for a layout sketch by Allison Davis at www.sketchsupport.com.
I covered my canvas with Love Games Floral for my base layer. I used Claudine Hellmuth Studio Matte Multi Medium to adhere the paper to the canvas. After the medium was dry, I sanded the edges of the paper on the canvas and brushed on Black Soot Distress Ink.
I cut two pieces of Love Games Polka (one 5"x7" and one 5 1/4"x7 1/4"). I adhered both pieces to chipboard, sanded the edges and applied ink. I layered the two pieces and adhered them to the center of the canvas. I bent a Tim Holtz Idea-ology Game Spinner in half to create clip to "hold" the Holding Hands Whatnot in place.
I added a few spritzes of Burnt Red Glimmer Mist to a white Bazzill Fabric Flower.
I moved layers of the flower and misted in between layers near the center of the flower. The fabric wicked the color. I love how it is mixed, with some areas still white and some different shades of red.
Above the flower I added two Whatnots and a clear Peek-a-Boo. I sanded the edges of the Whatnots and inked them with the Black Soot ink. I added a Glitzer sticker to the front of the Peek-a-Boo framing the number 1 design. On the back of the Peek-a-Boo, I added red to the design with a Copic Marker and colored in the 1 with Mellow Yellow Glimmer Glaze. I added two Tim Holtz Idea-ology Game Spinners as well.
In the upper right corner I added three 2"x2" squares of Paper Layers. Each piece was adhered to chipboard and inked. I added a Glitzer sticker to each following the design in the original sketch.
- patterned paper: Glitz Design Love Games Floral and Polka; Glitz Design Love Games Paper Layers
- stickers: Glitz Design Love Games Glitzers
- cardstock elements: Glitz Design Love Games Whatnots
- transperencies: Glitz Design Love Games Peek-a-Boos
- embellishments: Bazzill Basics Paper Worth Remembering Fabric Flower; Tim Holtz Idea-ology Game Spinners
- ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink Black Soot
- paints: Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist Burnt Red; Tattered Angels Glimmer Glaze Mellow Yellow
- adhesive: Claudine Hellmuth Studio Matte Mutli Medium; Therm O Web Super Stick, 3D Adhsesive Foam Squares, and Zots