This tag is just a quickie project share. I originally made this tag to include in the fabric book but ended up not using it. I assembled the tag just like the patches on the cover of the book I shared yesterday. Unlike the patches though, I actually colored the side of the fabric that ended up on the inside of the tag. I had misted the fabric using a stencil but was unhappy with the final look. The color bled through to the backside of the fabric. I liked the soft look of the color so I decided to stamp on it and make something with it.
I stamped the text and wing image using Coffee Archival Ink. I stamped the text image using Jet Black Archival. I added a light touch of added color to the text by brushing on Peeled Paint Distress Stain with a paintbrush dampened with water. The tag was finished off with a fabric grommet, a small length of dyed crinkled seam binding, and a light brushing of Vintage Photo Distress Ink around the edges.
- stamps: Teresa Collins Stampmaker
- image: How To Know label (negative, original), Monarch (negative, original), Wing Diagram (left negative, right negative, original), Wing with Text (negative, original); We were born with wings (negative), and We were made to fly (negative)
- mists: Tattered Angels Glimmer Mists- Yellow Daisy, Golden Terracotta, Meadow Green, Vanilla Breeze, and Patina
- stains: Tim Holtz Distress Ink Stains- Peeled Paint
- ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink- Vintage Photo; Ranger Archival- Coffee and Jet Black
- ribbon: hand dyed seam binding
- misc: Dritz Grommet