Today I am sharing more images of the Family card. I will be putting things in this section that have to do with family. I imagine that there will be lots of cards about my kids and husband and probably my pup too.
On this card I layered one of the Crafty Secrets Creative Scraps with a piece of patterned paper.
As with the other cards, I used my typewriter to place text on a strip of patterned paper.
I placed the strip over the card and added machine stitching to the ends. I rolled and curled the ends a bit to give them a little extra look of wear.
The yellow Prima flower was a part of a larger piece. It originally had a ruffle of yellow fabric under the flower. I was able to pull the pieces apart and use the center alone.
You can see where the trinket pins are under the journaling card here. After I took these pictures I decided that I didn't care for that so I pulled them out and re-did them so that the silver part of the pins were on top of the card instead of under it.
As I shared on a previous card, the image on the card was a single color line drawing. I added color with light colored markers (Copics) and then brushed over the image with Distress Ink (Walnut Stain).
Tomorrow's card is the Vintage card. I hope you will stop back by to take a look!
- 7gypsies Conservatory patterned paper: Butterfly, Aviary
- Crafty Secrets Vintage Photos Double Sided Creative Scraps (colored with markers)
- Maya Road Vintage Trinket Pins: Green Leaf
- Prima Marketing flowers
- Making Memories Tiny Alpha Stickers
- Tim Holtz Distress Ink: Walnut Stain
- Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher
- Tim Holtz Tonic Paper Distresser
- Therm O Web Mounting Adhesive Sheets (covering the cards with paper)
- Helmar 450 Quick Dry (for all embellishments)