My flower garden, oh how happy I am playing in my garden. I couldn't possibly do a project about the things that make me happy without including my garden. I have to confess that I am what I consider a fair weather gardener. Once the heat starts coming in my garden gets more and more neglected. During the spring though, I love to be out there digging and pulling and looking for new blooms each day. I love taking pictures of the blooms so I anticipate making lots of cards with photos of flowers.
If I could, I would change this card a bit and move the journaling card up a bit. I think I would have liked it a bit more centered. I glued it down really good so it is going to have to stay put.
The botanical image is cut from one of the patterns of paper. The neat thing about this paper collection is that quite a few of the pages have really interesting collaged images on them that can be cut apart and used and focal pieces. I love when you can get extra mileage from a piece of paper like that.
The journaling card is another from the Crafty Secrets Creative Scraps sheet. I used the Tim Holtz Tonic Distresser to distress the edges before inking.
I used a 7gypsies rub-on for the ladybug. A ladybug just isn't a ladybug without her flashy red wings so I used a Copic marker to add red to them.
Tomorrow is the Treats card. . .
- 7gypsies Conservatory patterned paper: Butterfly, Aviary, Flora
- 7gypsies Rubbings: History (image colored with markers)
- Crafty Secrets Vintage Photos Double Sided Creative Scraps
- Maya Road Vintage Trinket Pins: Green Leaf
- Prima Marketing flowers
- Jillibean Soup Pasta Fagioli Corrugated Shapes
- Making Memories Tiny Alpha Stickers
- Tim Holtz Idea-ology Mini Clips
- Tim Holtz Distress Ink: Walnut Stain
- Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher
- Tim Holtz Tonic Paper Distresser
- Therm O Web Mounting Adhesive Sheets (covering the cards with paper)
- Helmar 450 Quick Dry (for all embellishments)