I added a stitched border to a piece of pattern paper and adhered it to my painted canvas. I trimmed the lace paper from the collection to fit the canvas. I cut a piece of clear acrylic to match the lace. I adhered the lace to the acrylic and then adhered the assembled piece to the paper covered canvas with adhesive foam squares.
I added a quote to a journal paper using letter stickers. I adhered the matching transparency over the letters and adhered it. I adhered both to a piece of chipboard and adhered it to the lace with adhesive foam squares.
I painted the canvas with Claudine Hellmuth Studio Traditional Tan paint. Interestingly, I brushed it on in a criss cross pattern by chance. You could actually see those brush stokes in the first coat. I thought it was interesting looking so I stopped at the first coat and left the effect. I added a touch of Distress Ink to the edges.