Yikes, I know, I am a terrible blogger! You would think that getting tagged by my sweet friend Katie Watson would light a fire under me to post, but well, even with a kick in the pants I am dragging my feet!!
So Katie tagged me and the challenge is to post 7 random things about myself. This is tough because I am fairly certain that there aren't 7 random interesting things about me to share. . .
1. I met my dear hubby David online. Yup, kind of scary huh? He actually lived fairly close and we knew someone in common so it made me feel okay about it. It is and was the best magical happenstance thing to ever happen to me. I still feel the same magic when I look in his eyes as I did the first time I saw him in person. He can still make me feel giddy inside.
2. I drink Dr Pepper like there is no tomorrow! I love it and can't live without it. I especially love it in a can and super cold. I only drink about a half can at a time because once it starts getting warm it has to go! My favorite fountain DP is from McDonalds, it has the best bite there.
3. I have lost my front teeth twice. Once as a child and once at 17 due to an unfortunate badmitton accident in gym class.
4. I was named for the "Tammy" song by Debbie Reynolds from the Tammy movies.
5. When I was in high school I wanted to go into journalim or radio broadcasting. I was an editor on the school paper all four years and have always loved to write. I also loved radio broadcasting and wanted to be an announcer of some sort. Instead, I got married and put off college for quite a few years. I eventually ended up on the radio, just not the kind I imagined.
6. When I finally did go to college, I studied Criminal Justice instead and became a police dispatcher. Yes, I answer 911 and do medical pre-arrival instructions. I also dispatch police, fire, and EMS units. The worst call to date was the call from a woman who found her adult daughter murdered. It is a rewarding job at times and a very frustrating job at other times. It changes you.
7. I love vintage things. I collect a little of anything and everything vintage, including my house which was built in 1923. My favorite time period is the 20s. I don't think I would have wanted to live then, I am pretty fond of modern conveniences.
Okay, I think I am supposed to end this with tagging other bloggers. I think instead of picking someone, how about, if you read this, consider yourself tagged!